Geriatric Care Expertise
Physicians Eldercare is the premier provider of physician-related services to nursing homes and assisted living centers in North Carolina. Our team of geriatric specialists delivers a distinctive model of care that is focused solely on the primary care of residents at our clients’ facilities.
The Physicians Eldercare Model
A commitment to ongoing, personal communication is the foundation of the Physician Eldercare model. We work with each facility to develop a visitation schedule that reflects the specific needs and concerns of its residents. We then assign specific clinician teams to each facility to ensure a greater familiarity with residents’ chronic and acute health issues.
Better communication. More consistent care.
• Focused clinicians. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and registered nurses work only in the facilities we support, and not in a general clinic practice.
• Frequent, consistent care. Team members typically work in each facility multiple times each week, allowing them to respond promptly to the concerns of families and nursing staff.
• Improved communication. Regular on-site visits help ensure concerns are promptly addressed with nursing staff and residents’ families, lessening the time burden and frequency of phone calls.
• Chronic illness management. Familiarity with patient history helps us identify subtle changes in condition and closely monitor chronic illnesses.
• 24/7 triage service. Clinicians with special interest and training in geriatric care provide on-call assessment and treatment.
• Consultative support. Our medical directors consult with facilities on the implementation of policies and procedures within their buildings.
• Regulatory compliance. Our team knows the state and federal regulations that facilities must meet and works diligently to provide care that complies with those requirements.